Saturday, March 7

The Three Rs

I have been catching up on the three Rs this week.

Reading: I am finishing "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins tonight. I will then begin "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" tomorrow. Then my hope is to read "The Power of One" starting at the end of this week.

Running: I have spent sometime this week working out. I have been doing light lifting trying to get used to the routine. I have run on the treadmill three times since Tuesday, each one for 20 minutes. Tuesday I ran 2.1 miles. Thursday I ran 2.3 miles and today I ran 2.5 miles. My goal is to get 3 miles in under 20 minutes before I lengthen my running time and distance. I'm trying to get the "Tiger" affect on the golf trip group. Before you know it, all of them will be in the weight room 5 hours a day.

Ranting (and hopefully resting): I am going into my 7th straight day of work tomorrow with another 7 in a row following that. This 14 day stint may go to 21 days straight, but I'll try to take a day off. It is just hard this time of year getting ready for the season, especially this year. This schedule will no doubt inspire some rants and blogging, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put my book comment on the wrong post. See below. Congratulations on your exercise program. Your beautiful wife told me of her plans to start one too. Proud of you both.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

That's a wicked work schedule. Hang in there. And the Power of One is one of the best books I've ever read - I thoroughly enjoyed it.