Tuesday, February 24

Tiger, Wildcats and Vandals, OH My!

I am a Tiger Woods fan. I have never denied it and am not ashamed. Tiger Woods, with all due respect to Mr. Nicklaus, is the best player to ever play my favorite game. He is the athlete (and maybe Jodie Meeks, too!) that I will be telling stories about when I'm collecting Social Security checks. He does it with class and enthusiasm and, let's face it, the guy is fun to watch. This is why I am excited to see Tiger Woods return tomorrow in the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championships. This tournament gets me in the March Madness mood by being the first bracket I fill out. I always pull for the local guys, but I never get sick of watching Woods dominate.

My beloved Wildcats go up against the South Carolina Gamecocks tomorrow night in Columbia. On January 31st in Lexington, SC's little booger of a guard Devan Downey hit a fall away jumper in the lane with 3 seconds to play to beat Kentucky by 1. I like Kentucky's chances in this game as long as they can keep Downey from getting to the basket. This is a must win for Kentucky and would get Gillispie his first 20 win season as head coach of the Cats. I may post a detailed prediction tomorrow during lunch.


Ever since the skate park opened downtown, the vandalism has been rampant. The spray painting has usually been confined to utility boxes, wood fences and the occasional facade. Now, the vandals have taken there paint can shaking worthless existence to new heights. Literally. The back of our video board has been spray painted from one side to the other with big yellow letters. The biggest mystery was trying figure out how they climbed up there. It looks like they may have scaled the electric conduit on the side of the board. However they did it, it is a dangerous climb of about 70 feet with very little footing. The damage runs about $6,000 and will take awhile to get rid of. Until then, we are keeping the lights off on the back of the board so we don't give the little budding juvie publicity to all the motorists on I-65.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

You still think you'll get a social security check? I admire your optimism. Personally, I'm stockpiling twinkies.

Brian said...

I didn't get the chance to post a pre-game prediction. I'm glad I didn't. The game made me physically ill. I know I shouldn't take these things so seriously and it will probably be the death of me, but damn it! What was that!?