Wednesday, February 25

Louisville Metro Parks No Longer Allow Metal Detecting

It looks like I'm the vandal now.The Louisville Metro Parks are no longer allowing metal detecting. If they have it their way, police will be able to arrest on the spot. Their claim is that digging the holes is vandalizing the parks. I know there are several exceptions, but most metal detecting hobbyists I have seen take great care to refill the hole and make it look like nobody was even there. Plus, I know mark and I have removed several pounds of trash while detecting. I think they should ban picnics next because many people trash up the park while having them. Ban soccer and rugby and Frisbee field because it creates mud holes. You can still sled across golf courses and tear up greens, but by god you better not dig a small hole, remove some trash and fill it back in.

Bullocks!

http://www.wlky.com/video/18730523/index.html

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Why not write a letter to the editor of the courier. I'll bet there would be more letters written, too.