Thursday, February 12

Duke, Carolina, UofL and "HURL!"

I took some interest in the Duke/UNC game last night simply for the fact I want Kentucky to reach 2,000 wins before North Carolina (UK is currently 12 wins ahead). However, I had to mute the parts I watched because of the verbal make out session slobber fest that was Mike Patrick and Dick Vitale. I wasn't cheering for Duke at all, just hoping North Carolina wouldn't win in a never ending series of overtimes where both teams end up on the floor as piles of moist salt heaps. As much as I dislike Coach Kyakxynskyzzz..., the well-to-do nostril flaring appearance of some of the players and the "Cameron Crazies," who learn how to be basketball fans in Undergraduate Studies 101, it is the media that facilitates my disgust for Duke. I hate Duke. I really, really do.

After reading Kevin's blog about Rick Pitino and his comments over the past couple months concerning the SEC and Gillispie's coaching decisions, tonight's UofL/Notre Dame game could not have been sweeter. Now I am just trying figure out what game I enjoyed more: Louisville/Rutgers in football or tonight's game. Oops, Notre Dame just scored again. Yep, tonight's game.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Regarding the slobber fest, I recently concluded that my dislike for a lot of players and coaches is due mainly to color commentators. Coach K, Calathes, Hansbrough, Tim Tebow, etc....
Though I wouldn't like Joakim Noah or Christian Laettner no matter what.