Monday, February 9

Movie Reviews

My last movie review was on "Gran Torino" and "Blood Diamond," both decent movies. Since then I have seen "Wall-E," a Disney Pixar film and "Burn After Reading," a Coen Brothers movie.

"Wall-E" was better than I thought it would be. I thought it had some funny moments and a good satirical view of the future of humanity. I felt the first 30 minutes was the best part, but it was enjoyable throughout. It is not one of Disney's best, however. Compared to another Pixar film, "Finding Nemo," it doesn't even come close. I would like to see Disney get away, at least for a movie or two, from the 3-D CGI animation and go with the classic style animation.

"Burn After Reading" was a let down. It definitely tried to follow in the form of the Coen brothers, but just fell a little flat. It had it's dark humor moments and a time when I looked at Beth and said "I didn't see that one coming." The movie is so twisted up in its plot that even the characters in the movie poked fun at it at times as they tried to figure out what was going on. And, like many other Coen brothers movies, it leaves almost everything unresolved.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I watched "Wall-E" on Friday night. I thought it was pretty good.