Tuesday, February 17

The Joy of Meeks

Say what you will about the Kentucky basketball team this year. They have won several games they easily could have lost and the lost several games I thought they should have won. No matter what happens, this has been one of the most enjoyable UK season so far because of one Jodie Meeks. I eagerly anticipate each game to see what he'll do next. He works hard on every offensive and defensive possession. His cuts at the end of the game are just as hard as the cuts in the first few minutes. He never showboats or talks trash (and as I type this, Meeks just hit an unbelievable 3-pointer). Given the score is 3-0, I am predicting:

Kentucky: 77
Vandy:64
Meeks scores 24.

3 comments:

Brian said...

well, I got the score right and only missed Meeks by 2 points. I just didn't have the right winner. Still not too bad.

Brian said...

And I'm not one to harp on officials. I often call bad calls in UK's favor. But tonight was aweful. It reminded me of UK playing Allen Houston when he played for Tennesse. We got hacked, no call. We get punched in the face, foul on us.

Kevin said...

I agree about Meeks. He's a lot of fun to watch. This season, though...
Well, I think I'll just post my further thoughts on my own blog, because I just realized the length might be too much for a comments section