Monday, December 21

"Ugly" Sweater Party

I'm a man who takes great pride in his appearance, so when it comes to parties I like to look my best. This is why I was humiliated and broken hearted when I won second place in at an "ugly Christmas sweater" party on Saturday.

Apparently there were drunk people judging who wouldn't recognize high fashion if they unwrapped it on Christmas morning.

I thought having Julie by my side would only make me look that much better, but apparently it backfired and everyone just assumed she was with me out of pity.

It's nice to know I wasn't voted "ugliest" at the party, but I didn't appreciate having to pose in the line up of 1st, 2nd and 3rd like it was the stinking Olympics!

Anyway, I had fun at the party and I am willing to auction off the sweater after the holidays. I'm sure it will fetch a pretty penny in Milan or Paris. I guess such beauty is lost here in the United States.

1 comment:

Bad Bob said...

I'm not sure that 'beauty' could be lost in the United States or not, but we can try.