Tuesday, December 15

That Was a Rough 12 Hours

Around 3 o'clock Monday afternoon while at my desk I started feeling sore and tired. By 3:30 I had broken into cold sweats. I knew then I should probably head home. By 4:15 I was in bed with a comforter and a quilt, my body pillow and two regular pillows with the heat cranked up in my apartment. I was drenched in sweat but couldn't get warm. I was miserable. My leg and back muscles had a strange tingling sensation and felt like rubber. I slept until 9pm and felt I needed to get up. I was feeling extremely nauseous and wanted to sit up for a bit. Walking into the living room was a chore and I collapsed on the couch out of breath. My plan was to sit up and watch "Big Bang Theory," try to eat a little, drink some juice and then go back to bed. A few minutes after being in the living room, I knew my reputation for hardly ever getting "sick" was in jeopardy. I went to the bathroom for a good half-hour and sat on the edge of the tub. To make a long story short, I need to start a new streak. I went back into the living room and watched my show (I love having a DVR), ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup and drank a small glass of juice. I went back to bed around 10:30 and slept soundly until 3am. I noticed then I was still very tired, but felt better. When I woke up for good at 6:30, I felt great.

All I can figure is it was an intense 12 hour bug or food poisoning. Very strange.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Sure glad you're better.

Mark said...

Did you maybe eat some tinsel from someone's tree? Glad you are better!