Thursday, December 17

This Ain't Your Grandma's Spin Class


I participated in a "spin class" at the LAC last night with Julie and her friend Dala. Basically it's an hour long intense workout on a stationary bike. I should be doing the classes at the JCC, and I will, but I have four free guest visits at the LAC, so I might as well use them.
I was told last night's class was more intense than most. Over the course of an hour, we never stopped and constantly pushed ourselves between 60% -100% maximum effort (except for the first 5 minutes we spent increasing the heart rate and getting warm). It was fantastic cardio work plus we did hills and stretches of standing up on the bike doing runs and sprints. I usually don't sweat much, but I had sweat pouring off my face the entire time. The instructor did a great job of pushing us to our limit. Just when you think you couldn't go anymore, he would make you go another 30 seconds. My legs are like Jell-O today, but it was definitely a great workout. I'm not saying I look forward to the next time, but I think I'll be back.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

60%-100% maximum effort? Phooey.
When I played football we used to give 110%.

Brian said...

and now you have a titanium hip!