Friday, December 19

UK Basketball Practice

The weather today reminds me of March. March reminds me of the NCAA basketball tournament. Today, in keeping with this feeling, I will be attending the UK open basketball practice at freedom hall (lower case intentionally used).

My beautifully amazing wife will be out on the town tonight with her lovely sisters, so I have a little bachelor time to kill (and you know I'm not going Christmas shopping if I can help it). I have never been to a game or practice since Gillispie took over the program and I am very curious to see how he runs a practice. I have heard good things. However, I am more interested in watching certain players. Gillispie has long said he starts the players who practice well. My attention will be on Michael Porter, DeAndre Liggins and Kevin Galloway. These seem to be the players mentioned the most concerning practice, good and bad.
But mostly this is an opportunity to do something a little different. The only time I have been to a UK practice was Pitino's first year. I think the highlight that year was seeing Derrick Miller. Aaaah, memories.

No comments: