Saturday, November 1

Cats & cards

First, let me start by congratulating the UofL Cardinal football team on their performance in Syracuse this evening. I didn't think it was possible to lose to the Orangemen in football two seasons in a row. If only Georgetown Toyota's 2nd shift could have made a few more free throws, it would have been a perfect day.

"On paper looks very winnable, don't take that for granite! GO
CARDS!"
(underline added for emphasis).
-quote in the Courier's fan forum.

Nice to see UofL fans don't deal in rocks...even though their 401k is probably worth as much. I also bet this guy gets French benefits.

Now on to more important collegiate athletics...

The University of Kentucky Wildcats became bowl eligible for the 3rd consecutive season with a win over their sister football program, Mississippi State. Thanks defense (wow, did I really just thank UK's defense? Holy crap!). I still have little confidence in the next three games against Georgia, Vanderbilt & Tennessee. Georgia was humiliated at home today by Florida, but that still doesn't make me feel any better. Not even about UK's loss to the Gators. Vandy and Tennessee look dismal, but Kentucky football is Kentucky football. I know better.

P.S. Kevin, I didn't see any of the Blue/White scrimmage, but like to see what you thought.

No comments: