Friday, November 14

Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Diarrhea...

The new UK fight song is the Pepto jingle. Kentucky was completely unprepared for VMI in the season opener. I did not see any defense. I did not see any offensive sets. I did not see any blockouts. I didn't even get to see Ashley Judd!
Here is what I did see (other than several missed layups and horrible passing). I saw one ticked off Jody Meeks looking for some help. I saw the only help came in the form of two freshmen, Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins, and you can't have that.
Kentucky was buried by poor 3-point defense early and did not recover until half-way through the 2nd half. Then, when they took the lead, they didn't finish it off. They resorted once again to sloppy ball handling, poor defense and laziness on the boards.
I'm glad we're a football school. Go Cats!

No comments: