Thursday, November 6

Ghost Hunters

My favorite weekly show, Ghost Hunters, has been exceptionally exciting and productive this past season. As I have said before, I like the crew of investigators on the show because they try to find reasonable explanations for why a place may be "haunted." The two main guys, Jason & Grant, are Roto-Rooter plumbers during the day, so they always check loose pipes and the like to see if they may be causing those bumps in the night. They also measure the amount of electromagnetism coming from wires and electric devices within the building to see if that may cause people to feel a certain way or see certain things. I have always felt the show was credible and they were honest in their findings. Being the skeptic that I am, I appreciate this. However, this past season my skepticism about the legitimacy of the show and it's findings has grown. It seems the strange occurrences taking place during investigations are becoming more frequent and intense, leading me to feel this may be manufactured in some way. I hope these are real and unexplainable, but I will continue watching with a little more doubt. I have noticed several comments on youtube that other people are starting to doubt the realness of the events. Someone even commented they thought Jason (the founder of TAPS) looked really angry during the Live Halloween show, thinking they had taken the special effects too far. I wonder. (Note: I still enjoy the show and the "evidence" they capture is still pretty neat, even if it is made up).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idqiv-8QIAs

No comments: