Tuesday, October 28

Review of "Religulous"

I hadn't planned on reviewing this movie, but my brother Mark put the pressure on me. So, here it is...

I have always found Bill Maher somewhat funny, holding many of the same ideas as me. But I have also always thought he's a bit of a jerk. The movie was no different. However, I did take guilty pleasure in him making fun of people to their face...but I wouldn't condone it except in rare circumstances. I wouldn't call the movie a documentary either. It is simply a series of interview clips with various whack jobs...usually in charge of small, backwoods congregations or religion themed amusements parks. The creation museum in northern Kentucky is also included. I enjoyed it for what it was...making fun of those that are easy to make fun of. I wish I could have seen him take on the Cobb County, GA or the Kansas school boards. That I would condone.

No comments: