Saturday, October 18

The Kentucky Wildcats Should Thank Me

When the Boston Red Sox were within a few outs of the end of the season the other night, down 7-0 in the 7th inning, I quit watching. I knew a possibility existed Boston may come back, but it was highly unlikely, they'd still be down 3 games to 2, and...who wants to watch the Tampa Bay Rays in the World Series anyway. Fast forward to tonight...
While listening to the Kentucky-Arkansas game tonight on my headphones, I was once again proud of the defense and felt sorry for them. The offense couldn't break fishing tackle or pass so much as a fart. With 6 minutes to go in the game and Arkansas taking possession, the score was 20-7 hogs. I turned off my radio and thought "maybe they can win if I don't listen." Well hells bells, what do you know! When I predicted a semi-offensive breakout in my last post, 4 minutes of perfectly executed football at the end of the game was not what I had in mind. It sure is nice having a team that can still win when it looks hopeless instead of hopeless team that couldn't win while their own fans celebrate on the field and hang from the
goal posts. Good job Cats and thanks to the (according to Kevin) 45 fans who stuck it out and Commonwealth.
I guess Bobby Petrino is headed up I-75 looking for his next dream job with the Bengals.

No comments: