Tuesday, October 14

Lunch Hour Escape

I finally went metal detecting today for about a half-hour during lunch. I was dropping off renewal information to some of my accounts in Prospect and decided to stop at Hays Kennedy Park, just off River Road, on the way back in. This is my first time out in months and I hadn't realized how hard and dry the ground has become. The digging was tough & dusty, but the soil easily fell apart in my hand making retrieval easier. I rounded up .40 cents in my half-hour. One quarter (1980), a dime and 5 pennies. Not bad for being a little rusty. I'm hoping I can get out more after work and at lunch this week.
I have also tried conducting some research on the internet, but it is tough going. I think the research is fun if you find something interesting, but so far I'm only finding unhelpful maps and photos. I'll keep trying.

No comments: