Monday, October 20

Metal Detecting Research

I have been looking for locations outside of Louisville for metal detecting. I recently e-mailed a request to Holy Trinity Church in Fredericktown, north of Springfield. Beth was baptized there and I know the church is at least 40-50 years old, if not older (Peggy, if you know any more info, that would be awesome!). It is also just down the road from a picnic ground that includes a baseball field, volleyball court and small playground where the Jones Family reunion is usually held.

Mark-if I get permission, would you like to go? You can research first if you want. I am still trying to find older maps of that area, but they are hard to come by. I went to Washington Counties library page, but didn't have a lot of luck. I think I'll try the Main Library branch downtown during lunch one day and see if I can dig up any records or info from that area.

There are several places in the Springfield area I want to look at. It would be nice to get away from the city...as long as these spots offer some nice findings.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Sure, man, I'll go anywhere.