Tuesday, June 15

World Cup & U.S. Open

Like Kevin, I have tried to give the World Cup a chance. I watched a large portion of the U.S vs. England match as well as Italy vs. Japan. I have caught bits of other games as well, but I don't get it either. The highest scoring game I have seen is 2-0, or 1-1. It seems like there is only 2-3 legitimate shots on goal (is that a hockey term?)per game.


The U.S. Open starts Thursday and I'm excited. I know some of you think golf is equally boring. The difference is that in golf, every stroke counts. Plus, the Open is being played at Pebble Beach this year, one of the prettiest courses in the world. It will be another busy weekend, but I'm sure I'll find time to watch. Plus, my DVR will be set just in case. I don't have any crazy prediction, but I do think the victor will be a former major winner and not a first timer. I'll be pulling for the local guys, but I would love to see a big group around the lead on Sunday as everyone falls apart.

No comments: