Thursday, June 24

A Disappointing Round of Golf

I played Nevel Meade again last evening. My score of 35-39 =74 would lead you to believe I'd be happy with it, but I'm not.
I played the Par 3's +3 (1 par, 3 bogeys)
I played the Par 5's +2 (1 birdie, 3 bogeys)
I played the Par 4's -3. (3 birdies, 7 pars)
I played the last 6 holes 4 over par.

I was fairly happy with the front nine except for the bogey on the par 3, #5th and on the par 5, #7th. I hate having a 6 on my scorecard, especially when it comes from a mental mistake on one bad shot around the green.

I opened the back nine with a birdie and a couple of pars, then the wheels fell off and I had to hitch a ride on the bogey train. I bogeyed four of the last six holes, including two par 5's. Maybe the heat got to me, but I still feel I have a sub-70 round in me soon.

_____________________________________________________________

Additional Note: I wonder if I've ever played another round of golf without taking a 5 on any hole. That's tough to do...all I have to do is bogey a par 4 or par a par 5

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I thought I clicked on Dad's blog, so when I was reading about a 'disappointing' 74 with 4 birdies at Nevel Meade I was really confused.