Sunday, January 25

Snow Storm Prediction

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have been anticipating the pending " WINTER STORM of 2009" with kid like enthusiasm. Some of my excitement is quelled because I'm sure our office will not close preventing me from spending a snow day reading, playing video games and simply watching the snow fall. While keeping up with the local weather blogs, National Weather Service forecasts and various models predicting everything from an ice storm to 15 inches of snow, I will tell you how much snow Louisville will officially receive from this storm (not even know-it-all-Kevin can do that).

4-1/4 " of snow with 1/4" of sleet/freezing rain will be the official tally.

Look for areas south of Louisville to have significant icing with power outages. All Jefferson County schools will be closed Tuesday, but open Wednesday.

Oh, and if the forecasters say conditions are improving, that doesn't mean more snow is coming. I learned this conflict of interest when I was a kid. Lousy grown ups!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I can do without snow, and yet I don't feel very grown up.
I think you adult snow-lovers are just whackos. Except for Mom, I guess. If you're retired and don't HAVE to go anywhere I suppose it's okay. That doesn't explain her snow-nuttiness over the rest of her life, though...

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I predict we'll get ZERO snow, and all the idiot weather experts will be telling us how lucky we were.And each station will have someone out in the morning, anxiously awaiting the first snowflakes.