Saturday, December 29

Metal Detecting

I received one of the coolest gifts ever this Christmas, a metal detector from my parents (the coolest Christmas gift was my niece Jill a few days before in 2005). I have logged several hours with it now and am becoming more comfortable. I have spent most of the time in my parents yard, but have also briefly been to frisbee field in Cherokee Park and up around Hogan's Fountain. So far I have found exactly a dollar in change. My first find was a 1977 quarter in my parents backyard (pictured below). I also found a 1926 wheat penny back there, too. Besides coins, I have found to chunks of metal I want to identify before I discard, a wing of a toy airplane, a McGregor jacket zipper, two metal toy cars. I plan on keeping the blog updated on my various finds with more pictures to come.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I like your blog entries. Can I have some more? I'm bored.