Friday, September 3

Softball Season Begins (For Me Anyway)

We opened our softball season last night with a double header. We played at 8:30 and 9:30 and won both. The first game was a route from the beginning. We went up 15-0 in the first two innings and won 19-3. The second game was close the first two innings while our bats fell asleep and we made some sloppy plays on defense. Then we scored 12 in a two out rally in the 4th inning and won the game 18-9.
I pitched 3 innings each game. The first game I pitched a shutout and the second game I only gave up three runs (I'm sure it was my arm and not the defense behind me). I made a few plays at the mound and only walked one guy who was looking for a walk when he came up because he struck out his first at bat.
I sat a couple of innings to let other guys play as well as played first a few innings.
The first game I went 1-3 at the plate. A single up the middle, a pop fly to shallow left-center and a line drive to first base while trying to score guys from second and third.
The second game was a little better, but not great. A fly out to left and bloop single over second and a solid line drive single to left-center.

Here is my schedule for the remainder of the year:
Thursday, September 16th @ 8:30 on Field #1 (JCC)
Thursday, October 7th (doubleheader) @ 7:30 & 8:30
Thursday, October 14th (doubleheader) @ 6:30 & 7:30
The single elimination tourney starts Thursday, October 21st

No comments: