Tuesday, September 21

Another Catch-Up (Ketchup? Catsup?) Post

Hi...don't I know you from somewhere? I know it's been awhile, but I feel sure we have met before. Brian's my name. You may have seen me out on the "internets" at a place called Buckle B.
That's where you are now. Welcome back!
  • I went to my first UK football game of the season Saturday. I went with Julie, Jeff and Dala. We met Jeff's dad and cousins in the lot for a bit a pre-game tailgating. On the menu was tenderloin sandwiches and baked beans. I also ate my weight in cashews, peanuts, kettle corn, chocolate covered pretzels and cookie cake (blue and white of course).
  • I will be in Evansville this coming weekend for a wedding. We will leave Friday and be there for the rehearsal dinner. The wedding is Saturday afternoon and we should be headed back Sunday morning. Don't worry, I will record the UK/Florida game...I know that is everyone's primary concern. And if I see that "cute little bald headed boy," I'll let you know.
  • I will be going in for an ultrsound on my heart Monday the 27th. I had a physical last week and all the blood work came back great, but the doctor saw a slight anomaly in the EKG. He just wants it checked out...he didn't seem too concerned, so I'm not either. I think it was because the nurse had to hold the electrodes on because of my hairy legs.
  • The next day I am getting a tooth bonded. I apparently had a crack and didn't even know it. They also discovered I had the world's smallest tooth growing behind it. It looks like the white tip of a piece of candy corn. How my last dentist and oral surgeon from a few years ago never noticed this makes me wonder.
  • Our softball team is 3-0 on the season. I pitched the last game and we won 10-7. The other team was very slow getting on the field and coming to bat, so we only played 5 innings. I had a single up the middle and a sac fly to deep right center to score a run. I scored once and had an RBI.

4 comments:

Bad Bob said...

With all that going on, how are you going to get the handicaps to the Golf Trip boys? Don't forget it. Bobby's emailed me today!

Brian said...

I sent it this morning

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Mention of the cute little bald headed boy made me laugh. What a fun trip that was. We'll talk to you next week, if not before. Have a fun weekend. Hugs and Love.

KimT said...

Just an FYI - - Mark had a slightly abnormal EKG last year too. They think that's just how is EKG's always are, but it's the first one he'd ever had, so they had no baseline. They didn't do an ultrasound but did other bloodwork that looked so healthy it was like he was "an African pygmy." (dr.'s quote.) So I don't know if weird EKG's are genetic, but since all you Tabler boys are a little weird I thought it was worth mentioning ;)
XO