Thursday, April 1

Oaks

We bought our Oaks tickets last night on Stub Hub. I checked Churchill's website yesterday afternoon and found 4 seats together for $70 each. Last night, they were gone. I went to Stub Hub and found 4 seats in the same section for a few bucks cheaper (Mom/Dad, they will be delivered via FedEx to your house in my name. I figured there was a better chance of someone being home. They should arrive in 2-3 weeks).
Julie and her friends have the dresses ready and are now working on the hats. I don't think I'll be wearing a suit, but I will probably at least sport a tie. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post afterwards.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

You should go in costume. Or paint your face in the colors of your favorite barn. Or wear jockey silks. Or maybe just dress in the standard uniform of the 'guy who is always behind Kevin at the betting window,' which is stinky cigar, filthy ball cap, and Louisville 1980 NCAA Champs tee shirt which has not been washed since 1980.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Ben's and Donna's Oaks tickets are coming here, also. Looks like Dad and I are going to have a good time at the track.