Friday, April 9

First Round of the Year (and first since November's Turkey Scramble)

I played Nevel Meade yesterday with a few guys from the Bats. It was our usual foursome. For any of you that have never played Nevel Meade, the entire course basically sits on top of a hill out in Oldham County(with no trees because it is a links course). Even on calm days, there always seems to be a breeze. The temperature yesterday was cool when we teed off, about 55, and the winds were gusting over 20 mph. Add to this my lower back had been having spasms (I was walking like...well...like Dad) and it was my first round in almost 4 months, I wasn't expecting too much. I ended up surprising myself by shooting a 36 on the front and finished 2-over through 16 on the back. I hit the ball fairly well considering I didn't feel like I could make a complete turn. My short game I was most impressed with. From 100 yds and in I played very well and only missed two putts inside of about 6 feet.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

If you walk like Dad you have to play like Dad!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...(I have no idea what I mean by that).