Thursday, January 21

Really Nothing to Write About

I have been itching to blog, but really have nothing exciting to say. I guess I'll take Mom's approach and just list some random thoughts and happenings.
  1. I'm still reading "The Power of One." It has been nearly 6 months since I started it, but I have read 3 chapters in the last few days. I'm on a roll. Poor little Peekay just can't catch a break.
  2. I picked up "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris last week. It's only 115 pages and I read it over two days. It is basically preaching to the choir (I chose this on purpose), but I would be curious to know how many Christian's have read it.
  3. I think I may start reading the Hitchhikers Guide trilogy next. I have several books I have yet to read. I need to get going and quit buying new ones.
  4. Work is a money pit. Here are just a few of things we've had to pump money into in the last month: New gym roof (and smaller roofs); a wrecked bus; a broken down passenger van; two major renovations to the men's/women's spas; various pumps and HVAC unit repairs, parts and services for our grounds equipment (for the Spring); new water fountain; new control panel for a convection oven; etc. etc. etc.
  5. I have cabin fever. I'm looking forward to getting on the course, metal detecting or just doing some general hiking. My back is killing me and I think it's due to lack of exercise. Maybe I should take advantage of my free health club membership, huh?
  6. Julie and I saw "Avatar." The 3-D was neat and I liked the animation. The movie itself was kind of crappy. And long.
  7. Heath bars may be the best candy ever made.
  8. I bought "The Life of Brian" and "28 Days later" at Half-Price a few days ago. I'm looking forward to watching them. I don't remember giving permission for a biographical movie, but I'm sure it's good! How can it not be?
  9. I have given up using my CD travel cases and have gone back to storing my CDs in the original cases. If anyone has extra jewel cases, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
  10. Julie and I had a discussion a few nights ago about what we found scarier; earthquakes or tornadoes. She argued tornadoes due to their nature. Plus she said spending half her life growing up in California caused her to get used to earthquakes. I, of course, argued earthquakes because they effect a wider area, offer little warning if any and a real big one can level an area for hundreds of miles around (especially in this area). What do you think?
  11. The guy who worked here before me has a son in the daycare down the hall. The first few weeks I was here he would stop and give me the evil eye while I sat in my office. He would even ask, "what are you doing in my daddy's office?" Now he just waves, but I often hear the other kids saying, "Carson, there's your dad!" And he always says, "that's not my dad! My dad has a new job in a new office!"
  12. I am going to stop on 12 because it feels like a good one on which to stop.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

What if there was an earthquake during a tornado? Wouldn't that be freaky?
Your 'poor Peekay' comment reminded me of my friend Debbie when she read the first chapter of Harry Potter and then stopped for a long time. She said "Poor little Harry will never get out of that cupboard."
28 Days Later is great. I also bought it used, but I haven't watched it since I bought it-4 months ago.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Milky Ways are the best candy bars ever made. If you're a quilter, you never have to worry about cabin fever. I laughed about the little guy giving you the "evil eye" in his daddy's office - cute. Sounds like there will never be a day at work when things will be "all caught up." But that's okay, then you'd be out of a job.

Bad Bob said...

When I retired I quit using CD carrying cases and put all my CD's back in their original plastic holders. I bought 10 blank plastic CD cases at a yard sale this year and have them in my desk to replace any broken cases I run accross. I've used a couple, but if you have several that are really bad and need replacement, stop by and get a few.

Brian said...

I just learned one of our vans is beyond repair, so now we need to buy another. Yay