Friday, January 1

Buckle B's Log: Day 1

Following my duties as the designated driver for last night's New Year festivities, I find myself a few short hours later sitting in my office at work. Two small issues have come up this morning, both requiring that I be here, but not urgent enough to feel like my time isn't being wasted.

I also don't feel too tip top and the last thing I want to do is start the new year sick. My throat is a little sore and my head hurts, but I'm hoping it's from having to yell in conversation over the band last night. If I can sneak out early today, I will try to nap when I get home.

  • I'm looking forward to the UK/UofL game Saturday. I hope I'm still excited about it after it's over. I feel good about UK winning this game, but it's a rivalry game against a Pitino team. If they hit 3's, it could be a long day.

  • And it looks like the ground will be frozen this weekend, so no metal detecting. Looking at the extended forecast, the cold temperatures appear to be hanging around for awhile with the potential of snow next week. I think I might detect around my patio tonight inside the fence line so I can give my detector a workout.

I'm sure I'll post again today amongst all the action happening here at the J. Until then, I hope your New Year isn't as creepy as that "2010" baby....yikes!