Tuesday, January 26

Homer: “This gun had a hold on me. I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.”

The recent discovery of Bible verses etched into the scopes of Military rifles had me thinking it would be funny if they started putting random or weird Bible verses on each scope (or at least ones that were funnier given the context).

  • "[...]though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes." Hosea 3:1
  • "Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths." 2 Kings 2:23-24
  • "Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!" Psalm 137:9
  • "[...]the Israelites killed one hundred thousand Aramean foot soldiers in one day." 1 Kings 20:29 (sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown).
  • "But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in this wilderness." Numbers 14:32

Maybe the Army can keep the engraved scopes and start using Jules from "Pulp Fiction" in their "Army of One" commercials.

"An Army of One...and he's a mushroom cloud layin' mutha'....!

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of
the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of
charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he
is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

No comments: