Saturday, April 5

Miscellaneous Thoughts

First, I hope any Hoosiers reading my drivel don't take it seriously. Having numerous wonderful family members who reside or were born in the Hoosier State, it is more of a friendly jab than anything else.

Second, what is up with the twitching. For the past year I feel my muscles have taken on a life of their own. It's not what it sounds like...I'm not ready for the Cougar 3000 (see Seinfeld for reference). I often have muscle twitches taking place in my back and in my arms and legs. Last week, I encountered a weird fluttering of my left eardrum. It wasn't loud, just odd. I noticed it made the sound when I rubbed the top of my head (don't laugh...I couldn't make this up). I used some ear drops and it seems to have helped. It is the ear with which I have had past trouble. Last night, a new and even more bizarre twitch developed. It felt as if someone was gently bending the top of my right ear in short, quick little pulses. No muscle in that part of the ear...just cartilage and nerves.

Based on these experiences, I have formed a theory when it comes to people who experience "ghosts" touching them. Most of these little episodes do feel as if someone is poking on the muscle (or "bending your ear"). It is completely possible many of these ghostly encounters could be debunked and written off to no more than a twitch. Or maybe it's a small toad or a dwarf living in my stomach. Oh well...I guess I'll go see the Barber for a good bleeding.

No comments: