Friday, January 21

Snow


A part of me still loves tracking snow storms and watching the snow fall, but once it's on the ground, I wish it would disappear. It's easy to like snow if you get a day off school or don't have to go into work and still get paid for it. Now, with my job, I sit up most of the night or get up extremely early in the morning to make decisions on closing or delaying the opening of the center. Then, usually with very little sleep, I trudge down to work and help get everything salted and cleared.

I think some of this bitterness is also due to my new golf clubs sitting in storage just waiting for action. With a "potential mega-storm" (according to one local meteorologist) possible on Monday-Tuesday followed by another potential storm Thursday-Friday, it may be awhile.

1 comment:

Bad Bob said...

In every job I had through my life I've had to spend a lot of time on the roads. That's one reason I've always hated snow. I understand it's pretty, and it's fun to watch it get deeper and deeper....but like you said, once it's on the ground and the roads start to get slushy and ugly, I wish it would go away.