Friday, January 28

Going for the Perfect Saturday

(It's no "Summer of George," but it's not bad)
I am keeping a close eye on tomorrow's forecast as I aim for as near perfect day as I can have without my beautiful fiancee. Because Julie has a busy afternoon planned with girl stuff, I will be making the best of it. I will attempt four things that will make for a great Saturday after a very long, stressful work week. Here is the recipe for a great Saturday:
  1. If the rest of the snow (that is not piled up in parking lots) can melt and we get temperatures into the mid-40's tomorrow, I would like to break out my new clubs and at least walk 9 holes. If anyone is interested, I could use some company on this "good walk spoiled."

  2. After shooting my best 9 of the year, I would head home, catch a few scores and then read for awhile as I attempt to finish one of the several books I started months ago.

  3. At 4pm, Kentucky takes on Georgia in Lexington. Georgia beat Kentucky in a disappointing game to open the SEC season. I think Kentucky will exact revenge and all will be right with the basketball world.

  4. To complete this wonderful day of frivolity, my beautiful fiancee and I will head to the movies. I'm not sure what we will see, but going to the movies has always been one of my favorite things to do.

So what do you think, can I fit four of my favorite things into one Saturday?

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Wish I could play golf, but I have an 11:30 Lunch Date. Seems to me you ought to be able to fit a block of cheese in there somewhere.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Why have you STARTED 4 books without finishing them? Seems like you chided Julie a little for doing that?? I'm telling.

Brian said...

It's only 3 books. One on biology, one on history and one comic book, So it's like I'm in school.