Friday, October 8

"Bat's Softball Goes 5-0 as Tabler Pitches Back to Back Gems"

The Bats softball team swept a double header last night to extend their record to an unbeaten 5-0. The first game we slowly extended the lead each inning with timely hitting. Three double plays also helped.
My offense was decent, but not great. I hit the ball solid, but only went 1-3 in the first game and 2-4 in the second. A good diving snag on a line drive by the shortstop in the second game cost me a hit.
My defense was the best part of my game tonight (yes...I was pitching). I turned one double play on a well hit grounder back up the middle and I beat the runner twice while covering on plays at first base. The first time, our first baseman flipped the ball to me and I had to dive for the bag to beat the guy. It was a good chance for me to get dirty.
I was thrown out at the plate coming from second in the last game, but everyone saw I was safe. The guys glove was on the back side of the plate as I slid in. The umpire even laughed and shrugged saying "the throw beat you," but I could tell he knew he missed it.

No comments: