Monday, March 29

Updates

I haven't posted much about what is going on with me, so here is an update on all the "stuff."
  • Work - I've been very busy, and a little stressed out, trying to get a handle on all the projects we need to get done at the center. On top of that, finding the money to do them is always fun. The good news is we have a few shutdown days coming up: March 30 -31, April 5-6 and May 19-20. We will use these days to get projects done we can't get done when members are around (i.e. retiling and grouting the women's steam room, retreading and painting steps, fixing leaks that requires shutting off water to the entire building). On top of all this, we are trying to get our pools up and running while at the same time going through the renovations to bring each pool into compliance with the Virginia Graham Baker Act...an extremely costly renovation. The worst part is we meet federal guidelines with flying colors, but Kentucky's law is twice as strict. Thanks Kentucky for making us spe nd an extra $100,000+. The good news is I get a PTO day for each shutdown day I work, so I can add 6 more days to my total.
  • Julie is recovering from her surgery and is back at work, although she really shouldn't be. It seems the issue has been taken care of and she is extremely anxious to get back to feeling good and going back to her personal trainer and spin classes. I think we are even going to start running and hiking together when she's back to full strength. We need to get our beach bodies in shape for California in July.
  • I am avoiding basketball right now because I'm still bummed out from UK's loss on Saturday. It was an extremely fun year, especially compared to the last several. Now I can turn my focus to golf and baseball for the next several months. I'm sure I'll get out and at least hit some balls this week with the nice weather. I can't wait.

That's all for now...I cranked this out in a about 5 minutes, so I apologize for any spelling errors.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Greatly appreciated the update. Talked with Julie for a few minutes tonight. Don't know if you've talked to Kevin or not - but Pull for Duke!