Tuesday, February 9

Snow

I went to bed last night at 10:30 and had my alarm set for 12:30 so I could get up to see if the snow had started. When my alarm went off, I looked out my window and saw the snow falling fast with the parking lot and cars covered. I reset my alarm for 3am so I could get up and make a decision on the opening of the center, which is normally scheduled for 5:30am. JCPS and the catholic schools had not made a decision (which is what I go off of concerning our day cares). I drove into work about 4 and salted out steps as the maintenance guys plowed the parking lot. I checked online at 4:30 and saw they had closed the schools. I made the decision to cancel the day cares and open the center at 11am.

So now I am sitting in my office at 7:13 wondering if we will be able to open at 11am. Our facility will be fine, it's just the roads around town and how much more snow we will get that concerns me. But I think we will be fine.

I am tired and hoping to get out of here a little after Noon.

Snow days aren't as fun as they used to be.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I noticed this morning that WHAS radio's music during school closing announcements is the theme to "Northern Exposure." Not really related to your post, but I liked it.