Thursday, April 23

Cornhole Boards

A guy I work with built us some new cornhole boards for the office because the ones we plundered from the grounds crew were reclaimed on Thunder Saturday. I have put one coat of paint as a primer and lightly sanded them. My next job is to paint them with a semi-gloss paint and finally put on a thin coat of varnish.
I am also in the market for my own boards. Even though I have no space to store them (I'm sure my wonderful parents may watch after them for me because I'm sure we'd use them over there quite a bit). I haven't decided if I should have this same guy make me some or just buy a set. However, this brings me to the point of this blog post. I am searching for suggestions on the design of the boards. I have thought of the obvious idea of having team logos (I would like to have UK or St. Louis Cardinal designs). But I'm searching for something unique. I know my family is very creative and warped (in a good way) and could think of some interesting ideas.

For those of you unfamiliar with a cornhole board (and I can't imagine who that would be), I need to paint two of these:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could paint RP's face around the hole with his mouth open, all in red of course.

Kevin said...

There are lots and lots of very vulgar ideas, but ...I think I would consider little golf course scenes. The fairway could run up the board and the hole could be the green, with water or sand traps around it.

Bad Bob said...

The 12 hole at Augusta.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

hmmm...I'm thinking..I'm thinking...and it's taking everything out of me......something having to do with derby???