Monday, February 11

The Bread Paradox

I noticed in the cupboard this morning we only had a few slices of bread left. As I sat down on the couch to eat breakfast, the "Weather Hunter" on Fox 41 news mentioned a winter storm warning for Louisville. Great. Now if I stop and get bread, and only bread, it will look like I am one of "those" people wigging out about the weather ("If we don't get bread, we will all die!!!") If I don't , no sandwiches or toast for lil' Beth & Brian until after the snow moves on (thank god we don't need milk...I'd have to move out of the city). If I go before the snow, I will feel the urge to buy a lot of stuff we don't need to cover the fact I am in there to get bread. The only solution I forsee is if I go in the middle of the storm to get the bread and show my true manliness as well as satisfying the situation of needing bread. If I had a breadmaker....

screw it.

No comments: