Tuesday, October 9

Harry Potter, Cosmos & Tom Robbins

I finally finished the last book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, a couple of weeks ago. I was very pleased with the whole sha-bang. It was weird reading it because I have enjoyed these books for several years now and knowing it was going to end was a little depressing. I didn't read it as fast as the others because I was trying to savor it, like the last few sips of soda when you still have way too much popcorn. My suspicions ended up being correct for the most part and I am happy with the way it ended. I guess I can look forward to reading them again in a few years. It just sucks knowing the first experience of Rowling taking you through Hogwarts is a one time deal, never to be replicated.

I am currently reading Cosmos, by Carl Sagan. I haven't gotten too far, but I like it so far. The print is really small and reading it at night usually causes me to fall asleep a little more quickly.

Brother Kevin is going to lend me a few Tom Robbins books. I am pretty sure I will like them...I have pretty much liked everything he has sent my way so far. I loved Christopher Moore's Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. But I did not care a whole lot for Moore's other books I have read so far (Fluke, or I know Why the Winged Whale Sings & Practical Demon Keeping). They were mildly entertaining, but nothing special.

No comments: