Friday, December 9

Current Reading

I haven't read much the past couple weeks, but I hope I can get back into it with some time off coming up. Also, it seems things are slowly beginning to get back to normal.

I am currently halfway through "The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet" by Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I picked it up at Half-Price Books as I was trying to decide what to read next. I thought it would make good filler inbetween my "must reads." I heard a few years ago about the controversy surrounding the status of Pluto's planethood, but never new the motives behind the discussions. The book is very entertaining and enlightening.

Even more so than Carl Sagan, Tyson makes the book accessible to everyone and has written an interesting book, even if you have no more than a passing interest in planetary science. He does a great job of combining the history and discovery of Pluto, planetary science and funny, interesting anecdotes surrounding the planet and it's name.

I highly recommend it to anyone and I am more than willing to loan it out when I am done. It is a quick read as long as you are reading it and don't put it down for weeks like I have.

1 comment:

Bad Bob said...

Sounds interesting. Put me on the waiting list.