Wednesday, July 28

Speedy Nine Holes at Nevel Meade

(I took a page out of Pop's playbook and "Googled" speed golf. I didn't wear jeans, but the rest of the attire is all me don't you think?)

I played nine holes at Nevel Meade last night after work. They sent me out on the back nine due to the men's playing the front. I hopped in a cart and headed out to the empty back nine. I didn't feel extremely confident, but was glad I had an open course and solitude to play and practice.
I played the front nine a week ago with guys from the Bats and played awful. I ended up shooting a 42 or 43. It's easy to forget those types of rounds. My play from 100 yards and in hurt me the most. I had just come off vacation and I didn't feel my concentration was where it needed to be. I blame the jet lag.
Last night I played the back nine in an hour flat (according to the cart GPS). I shot a tidy 34 with seven pars and a birdie on 16 and 18. I lipped out a birdie on the par 5 14th and lipped an eagle on 18. I like where my game is and how I'm striking the ball. I made some fundamental changes to my setup, grip and right elbow position at the beginning of the season and it has helped tremendously this year. I hope it continues, but nothing in this game is a sure thing.

FORE ya'll!

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Nice Picture. Don't google 'Hot' golf, you'll get some 'Hot' golfers.You need to contact Donnie about the Florida trip. I told them I didn't think you were going, but they'd like to hear from you. Bobby Jr is going this year. Said he didn't like 'Rughead' having the trophy!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Did you have a cigarette dangling from your mouth while playing..now that would be the "real" you, like in the picture.