Wednesday, July 7

Next Stop California

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, we will be headed to Newport Beach on Saturday for a full week of relaxation. Julie's parents have been kind enough to let us use their house and vehicles while we are out there, thus making it a relatively inexpensive vacation.

The weather looks perfect with highs forecast in the low 70's with plenty of sunshine for the entire week. I am bringing shorts and sweatshirts, so hopefully I'll have enough room in the suitcase. I don't plan on swimming much, but I'm bringing trunks along as well.

Our friend Marilyn will be on the same flight going out Saturday by pure coincidence. She hopes to meet us one night for dinner, although she will be headed to Burbank. She is going with a friend of hers to hopefully spend a little time in the Hollywood area (and apparently see Leonardo DiCaprio at the "Inception" premier).

I have spent the work week creating a to-do list for my staff to keep them busy next week (though I'm sure other stuff will pop up to keep them from working on the list). I have also tried to keep up with paperwork because I know I'll have a huge stack when I get back.

I may post via mobile uploads while their, but I will have plenty of pictures and stories when I get back.

3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I know it will be fun.

Bad Bob said...

Thanks for the map. I always wondered where California was.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Julie says....have a great trip!!