Monday, June 8

Summer Reading

I try to read as much as possible, but this time of year it takes me awhile to get through some books. Coming home after games, my eyes don't feel much like reading so I end up watching TV until I go to bed. I recently finished the first book of Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" series, "The Golden Compass." It was much better than the movie, as expected, and I look forward to reading the last two. However, I have taken a break from the trilogy and started reading "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay. I've only finished the first chapter, but I am looking forward to reading it over the next few weeks. The plan is to finish this and then the last two Pullman books. After that, I'll get back into another non-fiction. Not sure what, but I think I'll thumb through the book Kevin lent me. I am thinking about another U.S. history book, but I seem to always come back to the physical sciences (Kevin, have you read "Einstein's Dreams"? And if so, is it good?)If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

5 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I commented on reading on your next blog by mistake. Oh well.

Mark said...

I don't think Kevin't ever heard of "Einstein's Dreams." You should read it and let him know how it is.

Kevin said...

I think Mark is a smarty-pants who is tired of me telling him how good "Einstein's Dreams" is. But if you would like to borrow it let me know.
Mom liked it a lot, too, but Dad didn't care for it, if I remember correctly.

Kevin said...

http://kevinthinksheknowseverything.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-book-report.html

Bad Bob said...

OK..OK...I know it's a Western, but "Lonesome Dove" is one of the best books I've ever read. And I don't particularly care for Westerns.