Friday, September 7

A "Waiting for the Storms" Update

I am sitting in bed waiting for the storms to blow through a bit later on and thought I would post an update on all the trivial things I have been up to outside of working. I used to love storms, rain or snow. Now I just worry about the community center flooding, experiencing a power outage or having to delay an opening. I am still fascinated by storms, but don't enjoy them as I once did.

I am currently watching "Haywire", one of the three free movies I am getting from Redbox because the "Muppets" DVD I rented a couple weeks ago did not work. Julie lasted the first fifteen minutes and now she is snoozing. It is moderately entertaining, but that is about all I can say. The cat is curled up under my arm asleep, so I am left holding down the fort.

GOLF
I played golf at Shawnee on Labor Day with Kevin, Uncle Mark and Matt. It was incredibly humid. Tropically humid. I scored fairly well, especially the back nine. The front nine, I kept barely missing fairways and had several punch shots at greens. I also hit more bunkers that nine than I have the rest of my rounds at Shawnee combined.The back nine was better scoring, but I always feel like I give away too many shots. I did putt well both nines. That was the only consistent part of my round. I shot 5 over on the front for a 39 and 2 under on the back for a 34...73.

My shoulder hurt a little, but I had neglected my anti-inflammatory for about two days. I am back on them with some ice and the shoulder feels better.

CORNHOLE
Kevin and I began our cornhole league at St. Martha on Wednesday night. There are 8 teams in the league. Each night we play four games against one team. We began 3-1, so not a bad start. The game we lost was close. We play again Wednesday at 8:15. I enjoyed playing and spending time with my brother.

DNC/RNC Conventions
I watched'em. It was all status quo for the most part. I, however, did get angry at the  platform change during the DNC convention. I won't go into more detail, but it ticked me off.

Ok...time to check the weather. If you are reading this, it means you survived and your house is probably still standing. Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Thanks for the update. I check your blog on a regular basis and glad to finally see an entry. Storms woke me a few times during the night, but this morning, looking out, it doesn't look like the wind was too bad in our area. Not many leaves or small branches lying about.

Mary Lynn said...

I slept through the storms. I want to come watch the cornhole - 8:15 - mental note made! I watched both conventions also, and the platform vote and change was interesting to say the least. The vote counted for nothing, but I got a big kick out of it. And let's face it, you can't beat Bill when it comes to giving a speech. Glad your shoulder's some better, also.