Saturday, January 12

AAARRRGGGGHHH....TIS BOOTY I BE LOOTIN'!

Well, I haven't had a chance to get out recently to hunt for more pennies, but I hope to get out at least a little this weekend (maybe mom & pop's front yard). Here is a picture of what I have so far.

3 quarters (the one on top is a Delaware), 2 dimes, 7 pennies (including a 1926), a McGregor zipper thingy, 2 chunks of misc. metal, 2 toy cars and a pot metal airplane wing (upper left corner). The airplane wing has the 5-point star inside a circle. I think there maybe a picture of Mark & Kevin on their birthday playing with toy planes in the backyard. I want to find it and see if it is part of one of those planes.
I will keep updating what I find (and Mark, I will respond to your e-mail or talk to you soon about Otter Creek...it sounds a little strange to me).

2 comments:

Mark said...

I'm pretty much writing off Otter Creek. I think there could be great places to hunt, including some that wouldn't get us in trouble, but I think park people might get after us for places I'd really like to go to.

I sure hope I get some good word back on that former military academy. I'm not holding my breath on that, but if it pans out, it would be excellent.

Mark said...

I remember that car at top right. I think it was light blue. And I almost think I remember that green jeep. Is there any sign that it had a gun mount or a black plastic windshield frame? I also recall some metal planes which had a WWII look to them. I wonder what happened to the rest of it?

Your pennies look better than most of mine--mine usually look corroded. 1982 and later pennies have a lot of zinc in them, which I think corrodes pretty badly. Older pennies, which are bronze through-and-through, fare better.